This page will help answer common questions related to the rules of the game. Thank you, and happy Portal Blocking!
RULE AMENDMENT: When playing with more than three players, if you are on the Start Block, roll two dice instead of one. This alleviates congestion near the Start Block. Remember, a player can only roll to move off the Start Block. Once on the board your options open up!
Q: Can I purchase cards in Part One of the game when it's my turn?
A: No, cards can only be purchased as a turn option in Part Two once a player piece has advanced from the Start Block.
Q: How do I "hold blocks to play later"?
A: In Part One, when you draw blocks, you can hold some in the hope your next draw will provide an opportunity to earn more QB. However, if the bag runs out before your turn, blocks not played must be returned to the bag. Players unable to complete their draw because of an empty bag can then finish their turn. Players typically will only take a chance holding blocks on their first turn or if everyone is rolling low numbers. Players can make up a house rule for the last roll:)
Q: To win the game, what happens if I over roll?
A: You do not move forward at all. You travel in reverse from your start position for the entire count. An important rule and - often misunderstood.
Q: When the board reverses, what happens to the players on the Start Block?
A: When the Start and Finish Blocks swap, players on the Start Block move with the Start Block.
Q. If you land on a Connector Block (with the square up) next to a Vortex Block, do you draw a Fate Card before moving to the Vortex?
A. No. Vortex Blocks over ride everything but another Vortex Block.
Q. If you land on a Connector Block (with square up) with another player there, do you draw a Fate Card or resolve the battle?
A. Resolve the battle. No Fate Card is drawn. Only Battle.
Q. Does the Portal Shadow choose from all the other powers or just the ones in play?
A. Portal Shadow can chose one of the four other powers before their first roll. They must use the one power they chose for the duration of the game.
Q. Will you do translations? Buying from abroad is too expensive are you going to sell a pdf version?
A. We will eventually offer translations. Maybe offer a DIY kit for blocks.
Q.There’s a card that doesn’t allow players to pass you without dueling while it’s face up. Does this mean that other players can’t play cards that move you either?
A. No one can move you. Your card overrides any other actions to pass or move you.
Q. Regarding the Power Card "no purchase limits on power cards", how long does that start in effect?
A. Only for the duration of your current turn.
A. Yes, unless it occupied (dual instead), or if it is beside a Vortex Block (move onto the Vortex Block instead).
The fate card that mentions “no limit on purchasing power cards”, is this until a new fate card is drawn, or is it only for the player who drew the card, and only active for that particular turn?
Hello, we have a couple of questions as well:
1. There’s a card that doesn’t allow players to pass you without dueling while it’s face up. The downside is that you can’t move while this is in effect. Does this mean that other players can’t play cards that move you either? For example, if someone plays the card that moves all players on a vertex block to the start block.
2. Is there a limit to how many power cards you can have in your hand?
3. You land on a connector block and draw a fate card that allows you to move forward a space. This movement causes tou to land on another connector block. Do you draw another fate card?
A few questions:
1. If you land on a Connector Block (with the square up) next to a Vortex Block, do you draw a Fate Card before moving to the Vortex?
2. If you land on a Connector Block (with square up) with another player there, do you draw a Fate Card or resolve the battle?
Thanks so much!
3. Does the Portal Shadow choose from all the other powers or just the ones in play?
Allez vous faire une traduction vf
Est il possible d’avoir les règles en pdf pour pouvoir les traduire ?
L’achat depuis l’étranger est vraiment trop chère allez vous vendre une version pdf?